I frequently get asked by people new to the world of digital marketing for some resources on learning online marketing. When I first started learning SEO, my education came from a few books I found. Those books still exist, but they wouldn’t be the best way to learn something as dynamic as search in 2020.
As an aside, I learned so much from Aaron Wall’s SEO Book in 2006 and it was a brilliant mind dump of everything he knew about SEO.
Today, learning is all about multi-tasking and learning from podcasts is a great way to learn from actual practitioners without the need to even get dressed.
In no particular order, here are the best podcasts I like on digital marketing. If you know of any that I might have missed, please let me know.
- The Jason and Scot show – various topics on ecommerce and digital marketing
- Marketing Speak from Stephan Spencer – he interviews the most talented marketers who share their experiences
- The business of digital – Mat Siltala and Dave Rohrer interview marketers on many topics
- This week in Digital – Joe Youngblood summarizes everything you need to know every week
- Search Nerd Podcast – A great podcast from Search Engine Journal
- Content and Conversation – Ross Hudgens from Siege Media talks about SEO and many other topics
- Above the Fold – A content marketing podcast from Brafton