Malaysia is a former British colony, and when they granted Malaysia independence, they left behind their language and lots of culture. While for the most part Malaysia has a strong rule of law, there have been some recent government scandals that have cast this into doubt.
- Population size: 31 million
- Internet penetration 68%
- Most popular search engines Google
- Currency MYR
- Language: Bahasa Malaysia
- Time zones: GMT + 8
- Major cities: Kuala Lumpur, Penang
- Most popular Internet TLD .MY, .CO. MY
What you need to know: Many people conduct all of their conversations on and offline in English, and you may not need to justify the cost of translating to Bahasa Malaysia. For English, use UK English spelling and sentence structure.